Friday, November 04, 2005

TinyDisk

TinyDisk, a complete, shared filesystem built on to of TinyURL. TinyDisk is a program from saving and retrieving files from TinyURL and TinyURL-like services such as Nanourl. It overlays a write-once-read-many anonymous, persistent and globally shared filesystem. Once something is uploaded, only the database admin can delete it. Everyone can read it. No one can know who created it. Think of it as a magical CD-R that gets burned and placed on a network.

If you're not familiar with TinyURL, it's a URL mapping service that let's you create a small, easily emailed URL to replace a long complicated one.

TinyDisk is a demonstration by Acidus. TinyDisk shows that anything that stores anything on the Web can be used to store something else by encoding the something else into the Web-based storage system. In the case of TinyDisk, it's a Web-based file system that slices up a file, encrypts it, and stores it out on TinyURL

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chitrapandian love your blog. I came across it while looking for what dream mean. I know TinyDisk is not an exact match but thanks for the read. I'll get on with my search for what dream mean stuff and will visit again sometime. Take Care

Anonymous said...

Hi Chitrapandian greetings from down under. I was searching for the latest information on dream meaning , I can see how I landed on your page. While TinyDisk wasn't exactly what I was looking for. (I was after dream meaning related stuff) I ejoyed reading your blog, I'll come back agin to read future posts. Take Care.

Anonymous said...

Hi There Chitrapandian how you going? I was sufing blogs for information on dream symbol and I came across yours. while TinyDisk wasn't exactly what I was looking for, It was most interesting. I can see why I found your page when I was looking for dream symbol stuff. Thanks for the read!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chitrapandian love your blog. I came across it while looking for innocent dream. I know TinyDisk is not an exact match but thanks for the read. I'll get on with my search for innocent dream stuff and will visit again sometime. Take Care

Anonymous said...

Greetings Chitrapandian it's rather cold here today, but summer is comming to our part of the world soon. I was looking for the latest most up to date information on dream guide and I landed on your page. Although TinyDisk is not an exact match I can see why I ended up here while looking for dream guide Great stuff thanks for the read.....now where did I put that surf board !

Anonymous said...

Hi Chitrapandian greetings from down under. I was searching for the latest information on dream book , I can see how I landed on your page. While TinyDisk wasn't exactly what I was looking for. (I was after dream book related stuff) I ejoyed reading your blog, I'll come back agin to read future posts. Take Care.

Anonymous said...

Well Chitrapandian certainly interesting stuff. I love surfing Blogs! I was looking for dream symbol stuff and I landed on your page. I was looking more for dream symbol
info, but was interested in your posts. Keep it up Take care.